MDS launches high-performance brake discs
MDS launches its new high-performance line in the market. Initially only the solid disk for the Volkswagen line will be used as a pilot project, due to its widespread use.
Performance gains are explained below:
- Grooves in the disc help to dissipate gases, preventing "fading".
- In the same way, other residues escape through these grooves, keeping the disk surface clean, thus improving the contact between the disc and the brake pad.
- Thanks to these grooves, braking on a wet surface becomes more efficient as the water flows through the grooves, preventing the formation of a layer of liquid between the disc and the brake pad.
- Another advantage of this system is the warning that the life of the disc has expired, which is indicated by the wearing away of the grooves.
Advantages of the High Performance Brake Disc:
- It improves the contact between the disc and the brake pad, by dissipating gases and other residues, thus reducing wear;
- It improves braking efficiency on wet surfaces, preventing the formation of a layer of liquid between the disc and the brake pad;
- It indicates the end of its useful life with the disappearance of the grooves, showing that it has reached the minimum thickness.
For more information on MDS brake discs go to: